The Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW) is pleased to announce that Canada Post is launching the long-awaited “NEW” financial service offering as a market test to the public in September 2021. The Appendix “T” Committee has lots of news to share:
MARKET TEST LOCATIONS
The market test will be a staggered launch in two test regions across Canada – Nova Scotia and Alberta – as well as 14 strategically important locations to expand availability particularly for those in rural, remote, and Indigenous communities.
- In September 2021, there will be 39 sites launched in Nova Scotia. There will a total of 8 CUPW market test sites;
- In October 2021, several additional sites will begin a rolling out in Halifax, Bridgewater, and the surrounding area. There will be a total of 15 CUPW market test sites in Nova Scotia*;
- Starting in October 2021, Alberta will begin launching market test locations in Calgary, Red Deer and the surrounding area. There will be a total of 8 CUPW market test sites in Alberta*;
- By the end of October 2021, the 14 strategically important locations will be launched across the country to engage Francophone, Indigenous communities and hub locations;
- The market test goal is to offer the new financial service in over 249 Canada Post locations before the end of 2021!
- The ambition is for a successful market test during the pilot phase; once this occurs, the national roll out plan will take place in other Canada Post locations throughout the country in 2022.